Thursday, July 15, 2010

Charming Girls' Quilt Club

I decided to join the Charming Girls' Quilt Club. I'm not sure what it's all about but keep seeing it on blogs and everyone seems so Happy to be a part of this group.
My sewing goals for July/August are :
1) Finish the baby quilt I'm hand quilting. I'll tell the hysterical story of this quilt when it's finished.
2)Keep up on my jelly roll sampler quilts.
3)Bind one of the quilts I made with my great-grandma's quilt tops.
4)finish two outfits for the grandbaby.


Self-care is something I need to work on. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in March. I think if I lost some weight I could stop taking the diabetes meds. My self-care goals for July/August are:
1)stick to my low carb diet
2)exercise every day
3)make time for beach days
4)less computer and tv time....more reading

I hope I did this right and can be a member of the club :_)

4 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Wishing you lots of luck on your goals.

SewCalGal said...

Hi Anna. Nice to meet you. I too am new to the Charming Girls Quilt Club, but looking forward to it. I've been following this club for sometime, as well as the blogs of many of the members. They are all so talented and inspirational.

I look forward to getting to know you better and seeing what you create.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Micki said...

I also joined the club and nice to meet you . I hope yu accomplish all your goals!
Micki

*karendianne. said...

I love this "self care" goal you have up here. Good for you. I am right there with you. Seriously. Diabetes is a concern of mine. Keep us posted how you're doing so we can cheer you on!