Sunday, September 12, 2010

a little progress

the jelly roll quilt did not go together easily for me....this is usually when I fold everything up and try to forget about it......but I have taken a pledge to finish things so I will keep trudging along until this is done! I need to add the black sashing on the sides and then I wanted a narrow green border and a wide black and white print border .... I am past the point of caring if it's square (it's not) or ends up a weird size .... one day maybe I will make something perfect ...but I doubt it.....in the mean time I will try to improve with each project

8 comments:

bettyp said...

You did a great job on it ! I love the colors!
I never sq. my quilts . I am sure they are off to but I don't care !! LOL!!

Barb said...

Yours is looking wonderfully, and very cohesive.

soggybottomflats said...

I love this quilt! I have watched your progress and secretly coveted this, lol! Great job, Elaine

Janet said...

It's going to be so nice when you are done. I like the colors. I haven't even started sashing my blocks. I got sidetracked with other projects. I really want to get back to these blocks. I think we all do improve alittle everytime. I know I learn something every time I make something. I doubt I'll live long enough to learn to be perfect. lol We are really just doing this because it's fun. The best part is the fabric!

Kath said...

That is a fabulous quilt, you must be very proud.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've been quilting since 1995 and have yet to make a quilt that ended up really square. I'm thinking there must be a trick to that and no one has told me! blessings, marlene

Micki said...

That is a great quilt...what a wonderful job!
Micki

Paulette said...

It looks wonderful!