Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's a dog's life.....


Meet Christmas.....rescued from an icy swamp by my son when she was a couple of weeks old.....a few weeks before Christmas. Hence her name...he begged to keep her and swore she was all he wanted for Christmas so when she would cry or make a mess I would say "there's your Christmas". The name stuck. In the past I have had to literally drag this dog inside when the temps dropped below freezing. I have seen her sleep with snow piled around her. Thursday night I left quilt guild early to come home and get her inside for the first time this year. I was surprised to open the back door and see her almost knock me down trying to get into the house. She ran straight to the sofa and has been ensconced there ever since.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chrissy looks so happy and warm on the couch, I think she might decide to become and "inside" doggy.