Saturday, April 23, 2011

long time no blog

It's been  a long time. The day after my last post my cousin had a brain aneurysm. We weren't sure he would make it but he's a fighter. He will be in the neuro ICU for awhile and then probably go to rehab. I spent a lot of time with his mama and sister at the hospital.
I have been sewing though....quilting my civil war legacy quilt,making a big tote bag from a mill house inn scrap bag,hand sewing some cute folded pinwheels. I found my April UFO today,but doubt I will have it ready by the end of the month. This is my favorite quilt top made by my great-grandma Julie Starling. I just love the wild vintage fabrics she used. It's all hand pieced and I know I'll never get it to lay flat for quilting. I think I will tie it and use some of her buttons on the ties. I've looked for this block pattern online with no luck,if anyone knows the name please let me know.

5 comments:

wackywoman said...

It really is a gorgeous quilt. Thought I would share that my FIL suffered a brain aneurysm in his late 70s and survived it very well. Was still able to walk the golf course and play bridge.

Lisa said...

And my SIL had one 5 or 6 years ago at the age to 44, she is in great shape now. I'll be thinking of all of you.

Sue said...

I am sorry to hear of your cousin. I pray that he will be okay.

The quilt in your photo is wonderful. All of those fabrics are lovely and that pattern is so neat.

Happy Easter to you and your family

Deanna said...

What an interesting quilt and a treasure.

Carol said...

I think the quilt pattern is call "the Wagon Wheel or Carpenters Wheel" It is also one of the block considered to be a Civil War symbol. Wishing the best for your cousin.