Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival

It was hard to choose a favorite quilt for the Blogger's Quilt Festival, but I finally chose my jelly roll sampler quilt.

This was a quiltalong offered by Moose on the Porch. Most of the black and green fabrics were in my stash. I didn't use a jelly roll but cut strips from fat quarters and yardage. I used my leftovers for the quilt back.



My quilt model tested the quilt and gave it her seal of approval.


I machine quilted with straight lines and finished with a scrappy binding. The very best thing about this quilt is my son asked if he could have it and I gave it to him for his 23rd birthday.Check out all the beautiful quilts at Blogger's Quilt Festival  
Amy's Creative Side

13 comments:

Valentina said...

Oh, I really like the colour-combination! It's so fresh. I am so happy your son will be enjoying it, well after that seal of approval, who wouldn't! Thanks for sharing, :).

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is one of my very favorites from the jelly roll quilt along!! Perfect!

Wendy said...

I love the colors in this quilt and really love that your son wanted it. Makes it really special!

Marlene said...

Love this quilt and the colours are a great combination.I can understand why your asked requested to have it.

Debbie said...

Great quilt!! I love your binding AND especially love that your son asked for the quilt! Sweet.

Melinda said...

I love the color combination. I'm actually doing one of my own design with almost the same (I added white). I have looked that quilt along. It's nice to see how different people interpret it!

stitchinpenny said...

The quilt is of course awesome, but the fact that your son asked for it should have you busting your buttons.

Sara said...

So glad that you were able to gift it to a loved one!! Love all the blocks and oh it must have been a delight to make!

Lisa said...

It looks wonderful! Great finish.

Karen said...

The black and green fabrics have worked so well in this quilt. It looks great. Don't you feel good when someone in your family loves what you have done?

felicity said...

I looove samplers - yours is so fresh and modern with your black/green colour story. Thanks for sharing!a

Sarcastic Quilter said...

That's a bright and pretty quilt but then you add the model and it's just gorgeous. I guess she's just one of those beauties that can make everything brighter. :)

Eileen said...

great quilt!! lovely colors. black and white goes so well with just about everything, i think, but this is a new color i'd not have thought to use. thanks for sharing a fun idea and have a great day